- Wayne State University Law School (J.D. magna cum laude, 1981)
- Michigan State University (B.A. Political Science, 1978)
- Michigan, 1981
- Virgin Islands, 1986
- All U.S. Virgin Islands Territorial and District Courts
- U.S. District Court of the Virgin Islands
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Carol Ann Rich
A native of Detroit, Michigan, Carol Ann Rich has been in active practice in the Virgin Islands since 1986. Following a clerkship with the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Carol has, for over 30 years, lived and practiced in the Virgin Islands. As a 13-year partner in the law firm of Campbell, Arellano & Rich, Carol specialized in complex commercial litigation, appellate work, bankruptcy, insurance defense and real estate. She then became of counsel to Dudley Clark & Chan, LLP, continuing her focus on commercial litigation. In January, 2012, she co-founded the firm of Dudley Rich LLP.
Carol has appeared before every Virgin Islands court, as well as in Federal Bankruptcy courts in the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Delaware and Pittsburgh, and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Areas of Practice:
Carol continues to call upon the expertize gained over many years of specializing in complex commercial litigation, banking, business organization and commercial and residential real estate transactions. She is held in high regard by her clients, which include banking institutions, government or quasi-governmental entities, condominium and timeshare association boards, businesses in the private and public sectors engaged in real estate development, retail, industrial and other matters, and private individuals.
An active supporter of the territory’s legal community, Carol has served the Virgin Islands Bar Association over the years as a member of the Board of Governors, the Bar Examining Committee and the Continuing Education Committee. Carol also enjoys serving the St. Thomas community through her associations with the Pistarckle Theater, the Humane Society and the Hebrew Congregation of St. Thomas.
Bar Memberships, Professional Affiliations & Offices Held:
- Virgin Islands Bar Association: Member since 1986; Member, Board of Governors 2006-2010; Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee 1994-1996.
- Virgin Islands Committee of Bar Examiners: Member 1989-1992.
- American Bankruptcy Institute: Member 2012-2013
- 2018 Virgin Islands Bar Mid-Year Meeting – Probate/Homestead Issues Post-Irma/Maria
- 2018 League of Women Voters Insurance Forum
- 2009 Panel Speaker and Organizer, How Bankruptcy Affects Your Practice, Virgin Islands Bar Association Annual Meeting
- 2006 Panel Speaker, Ethics and Professional Compensation, ABI International Insolvency Conference, Puerto Rico
- 1999 Panel Speaker, Bankruptcy Basics Seminar, United States District Court, St. Thomas
- 1999 Panel Speaker, Bankruptcy Ethics, Third Circuit Judicial Conference, Pittsburgh
Civic Organizations and Other Affiliations:
- Hebrew Congregation of St. Thomas
- Humane Society of the Virgin Islands
- Board Member, Pistarckle Theater, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands 2016-2019