- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D. magna cum laude, 2013)
- Ithaca College (B.S. Political Science cum laude, 2008)
- Virgin Islands, 2017
- New York, 2017
- Massachusetts, 2014
- All U.S. Virgin Islands Territorial and District Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Malorie Winne Diaz
Originally from upstate New York, Malorie Winne Diaz earned her undergraduate degree from Ithaca College in 2008. Fluent in Spanish, she spent two years teaching English (both written and spoken) in Barcelona, Spain. She earned her Juris Doctorate from Roger Williams University School of Law in Rhode Island. After graduation, she had the good fortune to relocate to St. Thomas to work as an appellate law clerk to the Honorable Chief Justice Rhys S. Hodge at the Supreme Court of the Virgin Islands. During her time at the court, she drafted bench memos and opinions for both civil and criminal cases, and analyzed issues of first impression in the Virgin Islands judiciary.
Malorie joined Dudley Rich LLP in January 2017. She has contributed greatly to the work of the firm and achieved partnership status in December 2021.
Areas of Practice:
Malorie focuses mainly on commercial litigation, real estate, banking, insurance, and land use disputes. She prepares appellate briefs for both the Supreme Court of the Virgin Islands and the Third Circuit, and argues appeals before the Supreme Court of the Virgin Islands. Malorie also advises condominium and homeowners associations.
Malorie is an active member of the Virgin Islands Bar Association, is a member of the Moot Court committee and serves as Chair of the Young Lawyers Committee. She was honored to receive the 2018 VI Bar President’s Award for her significant work on behalf of the legal community, and in 2017 she received a Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from Congresswoman Stacey E. Plaskett for providing disaster legal services in the wake of Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Malorie enjoys being a part of the community and volunteers at many local events. Her civic affiliations include serving as a Trustee on the All Saints Cathedral School’s Board, as a member of My Brother’s Workshop’s Fundraising Committee, and she is a dance coach for SPARKS’ (Students Promoting Awareness. Responsibility, Knowledge and Service) production of Dancing with the V.I. Stars.
Bar Memberships, Professional Affiliations & Offices Held:
- Virgin Islands Bar Association: Member since 2017, Young Lawyers Committee 2020, Public Service Director 2018, Chair, Scholarship Committee 2018, Moot Court Committee since 2017.
- New York Bar Association: Member since 2017.
- Massachusetts Bar Association: Member since 2014.
- American Bar Association: Member since 2012, Young Lawyers Division since 2012, V.I. Delegate 2018 and 2020, Associate Editor, tyl, 2018-2019.
Civic Organizations and Other Affiliations:
- All Saints Cathedral School: Board Trustee and Chair, Bylaws & Regulatory Compliance Committee since 2018, Executive Committee Secretary since 2020.
- My Brothers Workshop: Fundraising Committee since 2016.
- Sparks (Students Promoting Awareness. Responsibility, Knowledge and Service): dance coach since 2016.